Friday, July 17, 2015

Stuttering Experience 7/13 & 7/14

I have a lot of cousins who struggle with stuttering so I have been around it my whole life. It gets to the point where you don't notice it as much, unless it takes longer than usual and you get impatient. But because of this it was easier for me to pretend like I had a stuttering problem. When I did my learning disability experience in Walmart I also did this stuttering experience to a different associate. After the learning disability experience, this seemed so much easier and the associate didn't feel as bad for me as the first one did when I could finally ask where the cotton balls and candles were. In mountain lofts, my apartment complex, I stopped a girl and asked her how I get to World's Gym. I carried it on for a really long time and I could tell she was getting impatient, but eventually felt bad for me. When she was explaining it to me she kind of talked in a baby voice to me and went very slow, which frustrated me! Just because I had a hard time talking right didn't mean I was a baby and couldn't understand her. I was very frustrated afterwards and hoped that I had never treated my cousins or anyone else with a stuttering problem like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment