Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Lesson 1

Doctrine, principle, and application is something I have learned a lot about in my time here at college. My first college class I ever went to, we watched a video of Elder Bednar talking about this concept. Yet, it's still something I struggle with completely understanding. From what I understood from Brother Cloward's explanation, doctrine is becoming as or equal to Christ and understanding the truths shown to us by God. The principle is what guidelines the prophets and apostles have given us to exercise those doctrines. The application is what we do: seek, act, have faith, be patient, etc. The Holy Ghost is our teacher, we must be open to the spirit and leading him guide us if we want to learn to the best of our ability and reach our full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment