Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Lesson 4 & 5

This week was spent mostly reviewing the concepts and things that were important for our midterm. I was able to get together with some other girls from the 11:30 class that I knew from previous classes to study for the midterm. It's interesting how meeting with other people and hearing their insights can open up your own insights. The collaboration with the other students really helped me when I was actually taking my midterm. You gain so much more knowledge when you are working with others and it opens your eyes to so many different things that you couldn't have gained otherwise.

In class this week, with our table groups we each made a concept map for chapter 4 and 5 as a table. After we were done, we each had to present our map. It was crazy how we were all doing a concept map on the exact same material yet we each had such different doctrines, principles, and applications shown on our paper. We also had a case study about a little boy named Mark and what we could do as teachers to help him. Case studies always help me a ton because it puts the material we are learning into a better perspective and drills it into my mind better so I will remember it. It made me realize how much of your heart should be put into your career. I want to be the kind of teacher that genuinely cares about her students and put my whole heart into helping them reach their full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment