Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Group Teaching: Poverty 7/8/15

My group taught the class on the subject of Poverty. I chose this subject because it's something I'm very interested in and I get excited to learn more about. I lived in Ecuador for 3 months working in orphanages and was able to see how people live in poverty and how they deal with it and the effects of poverty in every day life.

  • How do you feel about your lesson delivery and why? Was it effective, why or why not? I feel like our lesson delivery went really well and even better than I thought. Yes, it was effective. I could tell people learned a lot from it and it was interesting to hear insights that other students had that I hadn't thought of before.
  • What evidence do you have (while delivering your lesson) of effective student engagement? I feel like evidence of student engagement was when the students would stop talking to their peers or doing their own personal work and look at me or my group members and sincerely seem like they were listening and interested in what we had to say. 
  • If you were to teach this lesson by yourself, not in a group, what would you change and why? I honestly feel like I wouldn't have done anything different. I feel like some of the information we shared was a little irrelevant but for the most part pretty on point. I felt like I kind of took charge in the group so a lot of what we did was my decision in the first place.
  • What could have been an area of improvement in your teaching? I think I could have prepared better and had some more insights that would have related to the students better. 
  • Based on the criteria for the “Teaching Experience” on our syllabus, would you give your group a 0, 5 or a 10?  Why?  AND would you give yourself a 0, 5 or a 10?  Why? I would give ourselves a 10. We really researched this topic and put our whole heart into it. It's something we sincerely cared about and did everything we could to help who we were teaching understand what our objective was.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment