Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Lesson 8

This week started out with a group presenting on the topic speech impairment and they did super good! I was at the table that had to put marshmallows in their mouth and explain what they did that weekend. I couldn't help but laugh - and it made me feel SO bad that I was laughing at her. I know that I wouldn't usually if someone really had a speech impairment. The first girl started choking so Michael tried doing it and got nine, I think, marshmallows in his mouth! We had a really hard time understanding what he was telling us though. We got the jist of it but not as much as we needed to fully understand! The other groups tried speaking Spanish to each other, not talking at all and only using hand movements, etc. It really gave everyone a perspective on what it would be like to have a speech impairment. The main thing I learned through the activity is that patience is key, it is SO important. It made me a little worried for the speech impairment simulation that I would do later.

No comments:

Post a Comment